Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Toad or a Prince, which one are you?

Question to ask myself, do I want to go out on a blind date Friday night?  I want to, however I am apprehensive.  What if he isn't 6'3,  he could be 5'1.  I am 5'8 and not really wanting to date someone shorter than me.  What if he smells bad, or drinks too much.  What if he doesn't have enough money to buy dinner.    What if he is a STALKER?  I have had a stalker before and not fun to deal with.  So I am deciding if I should take a leap of faith and trust my girlfriend with whom she is setting me up with.  What if he turns out to be prince charming?  What if he is everything I am looking for in a partner.  Could it be?  Why is dating so difficult to swallow.  What to Wear?  What to say?  Do I have a signal phone call to my girlfriend if I am having a terrible time?  I love having fun and going out but going on a blind date is less  appealing to me than getting the measles.  I wonder if I am the only girl who feels this way.  I envision a short, smelly man that is arrogant and not so smart showing up to meet me.  What we all want is a gorgeous, smart, successful, tall, dark and handsome prince coming to our rescue, the answer to our nightly prayers.  So do I go and risk meeting a toad, or do I decline and risk losing the chance of meeting my prince charming?   What I really want to do is send him and email with a check yes or no box,  with the questions being are you hot or not?  Are you smart or not so smart?  Are you short or tall,  and the final question,  are you being honest with your answers.   Wouldn't dating be so much easier if we had all the answers?